The YTV is Astral’s answer to a pure and simple life jacket showcasing the freestyle-inspired Torso Lock™ Foam Platform. The low-profile offers the ultimate mobility for a range of paddlers.
- Astral’s Torso Lock™ Foam Platform keeps the jacket snug around your torso, as the rest of your body thrashes around.
- The YTV uses a combination of PE and Gaia® foams for comfortable and earth-friendly flotation.
- Six adjustment points ensure a custom fit for a wide range of paddlers.
- Two generous zippered front, side pockets, as well as a knife slip pocket provide plenty of handy storage.
- The quick access lash tab keeps your knife close and ready to disengage at a second’s notice.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Since the YTV has a pullover entry, the US Coast Guard classifies it as a Type V jacket. Type V is their “special use” category and pullovers are lumped in there. Here’s what it says on the jacket: “This is a Type V PFD because it has restricted approval allowing it to be used as a Type III PFD only when worn. This device must be worn at all times in order to meet the U.S. Coast Guard regulations requiring PFDs to be carried.”
- US Coast Guard Type: Type III (when worn), Type V otherwise
- Profile: Low
- Design Flotation: 16.5 lbs.
- Outer Fabric: 200 x 400-denier ripstop nylon
- Lining: 200-denier nylon
- Entry System: Pullover
2 – Side
- Lash Tabs:
1 – Front
- Adjustment System:
2 – Side
2 – Shoulder
2 – Waist
- PE and Gaia® foams
- US Coast Guard Certification
Astral YTV PFD
How To: Choose the Right Life Jacket
How To: Fit a Life Jacket