The Water Impact Protection (WIP) vest by FORWARD Sailing offers great comfort and protection for serious sailors, including kite surfers and windsurfers, as well as white water & SUP paddlers. This WIP vest has a close-fitting. low bulk design that offers great mobility and a large range of motion. Everyday benefits include: Ability to swim faster and re-board capsized boat easier. And, the vest is designed to be compatible with FORWARD Sailing WIP Tops, WIP Pants and WIP and most other Sailing harnesses.
This FORWARD WIP vest has thermo molded high density foam padding at strategic locations and is feature-rich with:
* Side-Zip w/ double webbing strap closure system,
* Special neoprene “anti-slip” strips inside prevent vest from “riding-up”,
* High Visibility Shoulder Pockets for small tools or lip balm and/or a safety hook knife,
* Zippered pocket on the front for small tools & sun protection,
* Pocket on back for storage. (Back pocket was used by Team Artimus to carry VHF Radios wired to their helmets).
Please note that this FWD WIP Vest is not not a life jacket and is not US Coast Guard approved as a personal flotation device but does comply with EN393/A1 and ISO 12402-5 Euro standards ( 50N = approx 15# positive floatation). Note: This Forward impact vest is not dis-allowed for use by USCG nor by NAHCA. Additionally, it has been ruled by NAHCA that using vests that meet the Euro 50N Standard is not a protestable infraction.
Buoncy aids do not reduce the risk of drowning. They do not guarentee that the user will be saved. This product is for adults that know how to swim. Effective performance may be hindered by the use of waterproof clothing or modifications.
Special Note & Vote of Confidence: Team Oracle placed order for 20 FORWARD WIP vests on July 30, 2015
Chest Sizes with room for wetsuit etc
S: 33 – 36″
M: 35 – 38″
L: 37 – 40″
XL: 40 – 43″