Gath Gedi is chosen for water sports requiring a higher level of impact protection. White Water, Wake Boarding, Kite Surfing, Windsurfing and similar sports – PWC (power water craft), Jet Ski, Rescue and Professional activities.
The Gath Gedi Helmet features close fitting comfort and low drag performance. The Gath Gedi is fully convertible with removable ear protectors, visors and peaks and can be customized for a perfect fit to any head shape with Gaths unique Comfort Strip Fitting System.
The Gath Gedi Helmet is the most robust helmet that Gath makes. Designed to meet the rigor of higher impact sports such as kitesurfing, windsurfing, PWC, water rescue, and kayaking where users could possibly hit solid and or stationary objects.. This is more of your on the water sports helmet than in the water helmet like the Surf Convertible and Pro Surf helmets. The Gath Gedi features full head coverage, removable ear protection, multiple visor and bill options, and Gaths multiple impact resistant liner. Chosen by Search and Rescue teams, lifeguards, PWC rescue operations, and extreme sports athletes alike. The Gath Gedi is the perfect choice for people needing a watersports helmet that will provide high impact protection without hindering their ability to perform in challenging conditions.
The Gath Gedi is purpose designed for extreme water sports
* “Small and Round” size & shape prevents “bucketing” or “snagging”. no hard “lips” or “peaks” that can scoop water or grab “rocks or reef”
* Maximum Coverage, including the temple area, lower cranium and ears.
* Light weight reduces neck strain.
* Full peripheral vision with no blind spots.
* Designed to prevent water from draining over your eyes.
* Custom fit! Includes fitting pads and a buckle systems that do not permit helmet to become dislodged or displaced.
* Uses appropriate materials & hardware like closed cell foam (does not absorb water) and stainless steel (does not rust).
* Smooth, round ABS shell allows the helmet to deflect most hits and then give and flex to minimizing the “g-force” shock loads to the brain during impact. studies now show that helmets that can flex absorb more shock than hard shells that transfer the impact thru to the user.
The Gedi meets the European whitewater helmet CE EN 1385 standard, having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability.
Ships with: Ear Protectors, Comfort Strips, Chinstrap Anti Rash Sleeve, Storage Bag, Vent Plugs, and Peak Visor.
Gath Gedi Helmet: Sizing and Fitting
Installing Gath Gedi Helmet and Gath Surf Convertible Helmet Ear Pieces